The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act hazardous waste violations most commonly cited during government compliance inspections:
- #10-Inadequate Contingency Plan
- #9- Lack of Universal Waste label
- #8- Lack of words “Hazardous Waste” on storage containers
- #7- Containers in storage not dated
- #6- Open Universal Waste containers
- #5 -Used oil containers not marked “Used Oil”
- #4 -Inadequate personnel training records
- #3 -HW storage containers not closed
- #2 -Satellite containers not marked “Hazardous Waste” and not closed…….
And the #1 most commonly cited violation:
Lack of a proper waste determination
NEI has developed strategies and procedures to help facilities avoid these common violations. Contact us to discuss compliance assurance issues or to assist in any way with your hazardous waste management needs.